About This Work
Little Venice is Meccaniche Orologie Milano's homage to Venice, the city of waterways that has enchanted Italians and the world alike for centuries. By combining the movement's minimalist design with a Venetian material, Briccola wood, the Little Venice timepiece is not merely inspired by Venice, it is innately Venetian. The Briccole (wooden poles embedded in the waterways) are used by gondoliers to find their way through the many canals of the lagoon city. Briccole are weathered over time by the water and mollusk erosion, which has two results: aesthetically, each Briccola becomes a unique natural sculpture crafted by the lagoon; functionally, it becomes structurally necessary to periodically replace the Briccole. M.O.M. recoups these unique pieces and enshrines them within Little Venice—the very essence of Venetian elegance, charm and fragility. Each work is meticulously crafted and assembled in Meccaniche Orologi Milano's workshop in Milan, Italy.
A 30-day spring driven barrel drives a 2/3 second Invar pendulum, Graham deadbeat escapement and elegantly minimal set of rhodium plated gears. The 24kt and rhodium plated hands occupy the space in front of the glass plate, while the movement exists closely behind. Arbors, columns & brushes are mirror polished. View technical specs for complete details.
As no two briccola poles are alike, no Little Venice works look exactly the same. The 100lb structure is housed in a cherry & walnut wood frame. The face of the clock is the resin coated briccola wood decorative panel. A flame-hardened extraclear crystal separates the clock hands from the movement assembly.
Alessandro wants each patron to have the option to own a unique edition. Although the mechanics of the movement can not be customized, most of the design elements can (as shown, and beyond). Please contact Kirk for material samples and more information.
Established and based in Milan, Meccaniche Orologie Milano (M.O.M.) is a small family run studio. M.O.M.'s exquisite works finely balance contemporary & classical design, horological innovation & tradition, and Italian artistry. The works are custom built for you today with the skill & ingenuity to last generations. M.O.M. was founded in 2016, by Alessandro Rigotto. A native of Milan, Alessandro is a member of the prestigious Horological Academy of Independent Creators (AHCI).
- Little Venice
- Designed and produced in Milan, Italy
- EDITION SIZE
- Editions are customizable and each Briccola wood decorative panel is unique.
- Hour and minute hands
- Dimensions: 29.5" dia x 6.9" (75 dia x 17.5 cm)
- Weight: 100lbs (45kg)
- 5400 beats per hour
- 24kt yellow gold plated gears
- 24kt yellow gold & rhodium plated hands
- One-side pushing extremely asymmetric crutch
- Graham deadbeat escapement
- 2⁄3 second Invar pendulum, steady to temperature changes
- Mirror-polished stainless bushes welded to the crystal plate
- 30-day spring driven barrel
- High gloss resin-coated Briccola wood decorative panel
- matte lacquered cherry & walnut case
- Flame-hardened extraclear crystal plates
- Mirror-polished stainless steel arbors & columns
Quick Help & Manual
Coming soon. Please contact us.
- Pre-Sale Questions