About This Work
Little Venice is Meccaniche Orologi Milano's homage to Venice, the city of waterways that has enchanted Italians and the world for centuries. By combining the movement's minimalist design with the Venetian material of Briccola wood, the Little Venice timepiece is not merely inspired by Venice, it incorporates materials from the city itself. The Briccola poles, used by gondoliers to find their way through the many canals of the lagoon city, are weathered over time by the water and mollusk erosion. Needing to be replaced as they age, each pole becomes a unique natural sculpture formed by the lagoon waters. M.O.M. recoups the weathered Briccola wood and enshrines the material in their Little Venice clocks—imbuing these timepieces with the very essence of Venetian elegance, charm, and fragility. Each work is meticulously crafted and assembled in Meccaniche Orologi Milano's workshop in Milan, Italy.
A 30-day spring driven barrel drives a 2/3 second Invar pendulum, Graham deadbeat escapement and elegantly minimal set of rhodium plated gears. The 24kt and rhodium plated hands occupy the space in front of the glass plate, while the movement exists closely behind. Arbors, columns & brushes are mirror polished. View technical specs for complete details.
As no two briccola poles are alike, no Little Venice works look exactly the same. The 100lb structure is housed in a cherry & walnut wood frame. The face of the clock is the resin coated briccola wood decorative panel. A flame-hardened extraclear crystal separates the clock hands from the movement assembly.
Alessandro wants each patron to have the option to own a unique edition. Although the mechanics and size of the movement cannot be customized, most of the design elements can (beyond what is shown). Please contact Kirk for material samples and more information.
Established and based in Milan, Meccaniche Orologi Milano (M.O.M.) is a small family-run studio. M.O.M.'s exquisite works finely balance contemporary and classical design, horological innovation and tradition, and Italian artistry. The works are custom built for you today with the skill and ingenuity to last generations. M.O.M. was founded in 2016, by Alessandro Rigotto. A native of Milan, Alessandro is a member of the prestigious Horological Academy of Independent Creators (AHCI).
- Little Venice
- Designed and produced in Milan, Italy
- EDITION SIZE
- Editions are customizable and each Briccola wood decorative panel is unique.
- Hour and minute hands
- Dimensions: 29.5" dia x 6.9" (75 dia x 17.5 cm)
- Weight: 100lbs (45kg)
- 5400 beats per hour
- 24kt yellow gold plated gears
- 24kt yellow gold & rhodium plated hands
- One-side pushing extremely asymmetric crutch
- Graham deadbeat escapement
- 2⁄3 second Invar pendulum, steady to temperature changes
- Mirror-polished stainless bushes welded to the crystal plate
- 30-day spring driven barrel
- High gloss resin-coated Briccola wood decorative panel
- matte lacquered cherry & walnut case
- Flame-hardened extraclear crystal plates
- Mirror-polished stainless steel arbors & columns
Quick Help & Manual
Coming soon. Please contact us.
- Pre-Sale Questions