ClockClock 24 by Humans since 1982 is both a kinetic sculpture art edition and functioning timepiece. It combines conceptual art with technical synchronized precision and expert craftsmanship. Each work is produced and carefully assembled in Humans since 1982's workshop in Stockholm, Sweden. Clock Forward and Humans since 1982 are committed to providing support for this work during and after its 2 year warranty.
The ClockClock project started in 2008 by Per Emanuelsson and Bastian Bischoff. Inspired by the question "How to shape time", the university duo experimented with analog clock hands that would depict a changing, moving typography. They showed a mock-up to electrical engineer, Australian David Cox. Cox (also now part of Humans since 1982) helped the duo develop a prototype. A curator at the auction house Phillips de Pury took the work to Saatchi Gallery London and sold one to a Russian oligarch. Selling on the art market in a small edition number, ClockClock 24 was eventually created to reach a broader audience. We like to point out that this work is part of an ongoing series within a broader body of artistic work. Along with ClockClock 24, there are several other editions and commissions including the recent ClockClock L and the ongoing A million Times works. Please contact us for more information.
Twenty-four clocks come together to tell a collective story in one singular digital display. Each individual clock hand is choreographed in line with the others; the twenty-four clocks tell the time as a collective, rather than individually. The clocks transition from unpredictable spinning to synchronized alignment—visually representing both the concept of time and the literal display of time.ClockClock 24 can be programmed in 12-or 24-hour time format and can display three different modes of movement between each minute: minimal, medium or elaborate. Elaborate contains ten different choreographies shown over ten minutes on a loop.
ClockClock 24 is available in 6 editions: White, Grey, Black (950 works each); and Golden Hands (White or Black) and Noir (250 works each). The hands in the Golden Hands editions are 22k gold-plated. The clock body is made of Corian (acrylic polymer & mineral composite similar to granite). Please contact us for Corian samples (especially if you are debating between white and grey). Clock Clock 24 is 40lbs and for wall display only; it includes necessary wall mount hardware & accessories. The cord can be concealed by recessing the outlet.
MORE EDITIONS AVAILABLE
The ClockClock L is the next tier up in this series, and even larger scale works are available from the studio in the A million Times series. Please contact Kirk for more information.
Humans since 1982 is a interdisciplinary team based in Stockholm, Sweden that defies traditional art & design categorizations. They were established in 2009 by Bastian Bischoff (b. 1982, Germany) and Per Emanuelsson (b. 1982, Sweden). Humans since 1982 exhibits worldwide at leading galleries, fairs and institutions. Their experiential installations and series works explore themes concurrent to their renowned kinetic sculpture clock artwork.
Note: If you see this work listed as Burkofiy Clock, Flourisca Clock, Flouriscauk Clock, MoriceDeco Clock, Rgiles Kittot (or anything else) it is a scam. There is only one maker of this series and ClockClock 24 never is sold at a discount. Our advice is to purchase now and enjoy.
- ClockClock 24
- Produced & hand assembled in Stockholm, Sweden
- Includes: ClockClock 24 body, hanging plate, USB cable (118 in. / 3m), USB plug (US), microfiber cleaning cloth, cotton gloves, hanging template, user manual
- Corian case (Corian is an acrylic polymer & mineral composite similar to granite. Please contact us for samples.)
- Dimensions: 15.7h x 35.4w x 1.3d in (400 x 900 x 1.3 cm)
- Wall bracket depth: 0.9" (23mm)
- Weight: 40 lbs (18 kg)
- Backup battery for short term power loss
- Ambient temperature: 50° - 95° F (10° - 35° C) *Do not place in bathrooms, outdoors, areas with high humidity or strong vibrations.
- EDITION SIZE
- 950 White Edition
- 950 Grey Edition
- 950 Black Edition
- 250 Noir Edition
- 250 White Golden Hands (22k gold-plated clock hands)
- 250 Black Golden Hands (22k gold-plated clock hands)
- POWER SUPPLY
- Plug socket or direct power operation (with electrician assistance)
- USB adapter input: 100V-240V 50-60 Hz 0.25 A
- USB adapter output: 5V, 2 Amp DC
- Micro USB cable: 24 AWG / 2C or lower AWG value
- Time displays every minute with 24 sets of hands forming numbers.
- 3 modes of movement between each minute display: minimal, medium or elaborate
Mode 1 (Elaborate): This mode contains ten different choreographies for display. For each minute, the clock hands come together to perform one of the ten choreographies before displaying the exact time. This mode is visually the liveliest of all modes.
Mode 2 (Medium): This mode contains five different choreographies for display. For each minute, the clock hands come together to perform one of the five choreographies before displaying the exact time. This mode is visually elaborated without being too lively.
Mode 3 (Minimal): This mode does not display any choreographies. Only the necessary clock hands will turn once a minute to display the exact time. This mode is visually simple and quiet.
- 2 modes of time format (12 or 24hr)
- Buttons on back to manually adjust time, time format, 3 movement modes, and on/off