About This Work
Indianapolis is stunning and contemporary, yet also in dialogue with classical style. Inspired by canonical sportscars, Indianapolis is Alessandro Rigotto's vision of what a racing pendulum clock should look like. Manufactured with the latest innovations in clockmaking, it is a minimalist, lively timekeeper whose details, materials and design choices have been carefully selected to convey a sense of drive, adrenaline, and dynamic energy. This timepiece fascinates with both its powerful mechanical DNA and the diversity of materials. Each work is meticulously crafted and assembled in Meccaniche Orologi Milano's workshop in Milan, Italy.
A 30-day spring driven barrel drives a 2/3 second Invar pendulum, Graham deadbeat escapement and elegantly minimal set of rhodium plated gears. The dlc or anodized aluminum hands occupy the space in front of the glass plate, while the movement exists closely behind. A mirror-polished stainless steel laser etched indicator displays the day. Arbors, columns & brushes are also mirror polished. View technical specs for complete details.
It is important to remember that many of the body materials can be customized. The 130lb structure is housed in a wood frame that is covered with carbon fiber and brushed aluminum inlays or hand-stiched leather. The face of the clock is a customizable decorative panel in carbon fiber, glossed wood or textile. A flame-hardened extraclear crystal separates the clock hands from the movement assembly and day indicator.
Alessandro wants each patron to have the choice to own a unique edition. Although the mechanics and size of the movement cannot be customized, most of the design elements can (beyond what is shown). Please contact Kirk for material samples and more information.
Established and based in Milan, Meccaniche Orologi Milano (M.O.M.) is a small family-run studio. M.O.M.'s exquisite works finely balance contemporary and classical design, horological innovation and tradition, and Italian artistry. The works are custom built for you today with the skill and ingenuity to last generations. M.O.M. was founded in 2016, by Alessandro Rigotto. A native of Milan, Alessandro is a member of the prestigious Horological Academy of Independent Creators (AHCI).
- Designed and produced in Milan, Italy
- EDITION SIZE
- Editions are customizable and unique.
- Day indicator
- Hour and minute hands
- Dimensions: 32.3h x 61.8w x 2.3d in (85 x 85 x 18 cm)
- Weight: 132lbs (60kg)
- 5400 beats per hour
- DLC or Rhodium plated gears
- Anodized or DLC aluminum hands
- One-side pushing extremely asymmetric crutch
- Graham deadbeat escapement
- 2⁄3 second Invar pendulum, steady to temperature changes
- Mirror-polished stainless bushes welded to the crystal plate
- Mirror-polished stainless steel lasered day indicator
- 30-day spring driven barrel
- High gloss lacquered carbon fiber wooden case with brushed aluminum inlays or hand-stitched leather.
- Polished carbon fiber, high gloss blue maple and Alcantara fabric decorative back panel options
- Flame-hardened extra clear crystal plates
- Mirror-polished stainless steel arbors & columns
Quick Help & Manual
Coming soon. Please contact us.
- Pre-Sale Questions