The mission of Clock Forward is to promote works of art that tell time in innovative ways.
- Introduce clock collections to new audiences online and in public spaces
- Market display locations for customers to see clocks in person
- Form relationships with professionals within the design & luxury industries
- Enrich documentation of clocks
- Grow a marketplace and awareness through cross-selling clock brands
- Encourage and support new 'Art of Time'—from concept to retail
- Provide expert customer service by working closely with manufacturers & brand representatives
- Collaborate with manufacturers & reps sharing expertise to improve online marketing & presence
- Feature unique & inspiring works irrespective of price
We are new and building a specialty site showcasing clocks that embrace 'The Art of Time,' guided by the expert eyes of artists and designers. We support our manufacturers and distributors and seek out new marketing ideas and relationships. Instead of having one or two stores that only a few can visit, we want our clocks to be in public places as a destination and positioned to gain new patrons. Your purchase with Clock Forward contributes to promoting the manufacturers that we are passionate about. By purchasing from us, you are supporting a community of artists: from our owner to the small business designers and manufacturers. You are also encouraging the incubation and success of future Clock Forward innovators.
The concept for Clock Forward was conceived by Kirk Fanelly, with 20 years of online marketing & web design experience, while building & managing an online business for a store selling QLOCKTWO alongside home décor and jewelry lines. He shared the German 'word clock' with interior designer and architect friends and was surprised his senior design contemporaries were unfamiliar with the brand. He found similar results when introducing other clock manufacturers. Clock Forward was born from a necessity for better marketing efforts to introduce these works to the art community and the need for more clocks that tell time in unconventional ways. Clock Forward strives to advance this genre of important work and appropriately align it with contemporary art & design instead of novelty.
Kirk is also an accomplished painter with similarly 20 years of experience in fine art, and studies at Brown, RISD and Yale. His work is found in collections across the world. Kirk brings professional and personal connections with art & design and gallery communities across various pockets of the US—with an emphasis on the Southeast.
We are assembling a board of established professionals in the art & design community throughout 2019-2020 to provide additional product and market guidance.