Tell time with colors on a cube face limited edition. Time Cubed is a desktop clock, a conversation piece, a puzzle to all new audiences, playful, an hourly chime clock, kinetic & light art, and simply cute (in the most endearing way). Time Cubed is an original creation by horologist Barry Gamble designed and made in Cotati, CA. As with all his original works, this piece is a limited edition; once Gamble runs out of components (there may be 100 or so left), this version will no longer exist.
The case is matte finish flat black acrylic with scratch resistant feet.
The LED display sequences a new random pattern of lit positions and colors every 10 seconds. First, a new hours pattern & color (top face section); then one second later, a new 10's of minutes pattern & color (left face section); then one second later, the minutes (right face section). This display is held for 7 seconds before starting over. There is also an hourly chime sequence. The detail images show the configurations for each hour.
HOW TO READ THE TIME
The time is based on the illuminated segments and their face location.
Significance of each face (group of 5 segments):
• The top face displays the HOUR
• The left face displays MINUTES IN INCREMENTS OF 10
• The right face displays MINUTES IN INCREMENTS OF 1
Add the illuminated colored segments within each face:
• Each RED colored segment equals 5
• Every NON-RED COLOR equals 1
• Each UNLIT or WHITE segment is ignored
*The last 12 detail images show the hourly chime sequence. In this case, each face displays the hour.
- TIME CUBED
- Handmade in Cotati, California USA
- Year Released: 2016
- Dimensions: 5.2h x 5.1w x 1.5d in (13.2 x 13.0 x 3.8 cm)
- Weight: 12 oz (0.34 kg)
- Precision: ±0 seconds/month (if power is maintained)
- Power Supply: 120 VAC 60 HZ, less than 2 WATTS (contact us for info on 230 VAC, 50 HZ)
- Adjust time
- Dim or turn off/on hourly chimes
- Unlit segments can be shown lit (white) or unlit (dark mode)
- LED dimmer control
- 60 second power backup
- Color positions change every 7-10 seconds
- Features are stored in case of power failure (you only need to reset the time)
- Super Flux Variable Spectrum LED & microprocessor
- Red, Blue, Green and White LEDs
- LEDs will dim only by 30% in 15-20 years
- Sturdy matte black acrylic case
- Scratch-resistant rubber feet
Please call 1-704-981-0636 or submit the form below to inquire about Time Cubed.