About This Work
Watch closely: 1 minute cycle (2:51:00 to 2:52:00)
Vibrant color changing clock limited edition. Nouveau Aurora is a desk/table clock, a conversation piece, kinetic & light art, a light in the dark, and relative of the Aurora clock. Nouveau Aurora is an original creation by horologist Barry Gamble designed and handmade in California. As with all his original works, this piece is a limited edition; once Gamble runs out of components this version will no longer exist.
The case is matte finish flat black acrylic with polished front edge & scratch resistant feet.
The 12 LED concentric segments and four inner triangles display the time. The seconds are marked by 60 1-second color spectrum 'ticks' that repeat every minute. To see it in motion, watch the video. For which colors correlate to seconds, see our detail image.
HOW TO READ THE TIME
The time is based on the illuminated segments and their face location (which correspond in part to a typical circular clock)--so it is fairly easy to read.
• Outer circle: contrasting colored segment = hour; white segment = 5 minute interval (:05, :10, :15...)
• Inner square: each white segment adds 1 minute
• Color spectrum: represents the seconds
- NOUVEAU AURORA
- Handmade in Cotati, California USA
- Date Released: Oct 2020
- Dimensions: 7.875h x 7.875w x 1.75d in (20 x 20 x 4.5 cm)
- Weight: 1.75 lb (0.8 kg)
- Precision: ±0 seconds/month
- Power Supply: 1.5 watt AC transformer with 5ft cord + battery backup (CR2450)
- Adjust time
- Turn off/on hourly chime
- LED dimmer control
- 6-9 month battery backup
- Option to freeze LEDs on favorite color
- Seconds correspond to spectrum color changes
- Super Flux Variable Spectrum LED & microprocessor
- Red, Blue, Green and White LEDs
- Depending on brightness set, LEDs will dim by 30% in 15-20 years.
- Sturdy matte black acrylic case
- Polished front case edge & 3-layer laminated acrylic (black-white-black)
- Scratch-resistant rubber feet
Quick Help & Manual
Coming soon. Please contact us.
Email or call the gallery with any question 1-800-724-1215