About This Work
Indianapolis Red Fire is inspired by the iconic Indianapolis track in mind. Its shiny carbon fibers, rhodium plating and hand-stitched leather form a luxurious & sporty dashboard. Alessandro Rigotto explores the parallels of racing and contemporary timepieces: we race and create with a frenetic and cyclic search of new forms, colors, materials and technologies—dynamism that is too eager to stop. Time is the other common element: for Indianapolis to beat, for M.O.M. to value for generations. Each work is meticulously crafted and assembled in Meccaniche Orologi Milano's workshop in Milan, Italy.
A 30-day spring driven barrel drives a 2/3 second Invar pendulum, Graham deadbeat escapement and elegantly minimal set of rhodium plated gears. The anodized aluminum hands occupy the space in front of the glass plate, while the movement exists closely behind. A mirror-polished stainless steel laser etched indicator displays the day. Arbors, columns & brushes are also mirror polished. View technical specs for complete details.
It is important to remember that many of the body materials can be customized. The 120lb structure is housed in a wood frame that is covered with hand-stitched leather. The face of the clock is a customizable high gloss lacquered carbon fiber decorative panel. A flame hardened extra clear crystal separates the clock hands from the movement assembly.
Alessandro wants each patron to have the option to own a unique edition. Although the mechanics of the movement can not be customized, most of the design elements can (as shown, and beyond). Please contact Kirk for material samples and more information.
Established and based in Milan, Meccaniche Orologie Milano (M.O.M.) is a small family run studio. M.O.M.'s exquisite works finely balance contemporary & classical design, horological innovation & tradition, and Italian artistry. The works are custom built for you today with the skill & ingenuity to last generations. M.O.M. was founded in 2016, by Alessandro Rigotto. A native of Milan, Alessandro is a member of the prestigious Horological Academy of Independent Creators (AHCI).
- Indianapolis Red Fire
- Designed and produced in Milan, Italy
- EDITION SIZE
- Editions are customizable and unique.
- Day indicator
- Hour and minute hands
- Dimensions: 32.3h x 61.8w x 2.3d in (85 x 85 x 18 cm)
- Weight: 132lbs (60kg)
- 5400 beats per hour
- Rhodium plated gears
- Anodized or DLC aluminum hands
- One-side pushing extremely asymmetric crutch
- Graham deadbeat escapement
- 2⁄3 second Invar pendulum, steady to temperature changes
- Mirror-polished stainless bushes welded to the crystal plate
- Mirror-polished stainless steel lasered day indicator
- 30-day spring driven barrel
- Leather cover with white stitches
- Wooden base
- Polished carbon fiber, high gloss blue maple and Alcantara fabric decorative panel
- Flame-hardened extraclear crystal plates
- Mirror-polished stainless steel arbors & columns
Quick Help & Manual
Coming soon. Please contact us.
- Pre-Sale Questions