George Nelson wall clock production. Video courtesy Vitra.
The power of a flower. Bent wood forms overlapping geometric petals cast form filling shadows in this large-scale, meticulous work.
GEORGE NELSON CLOCKS
In 1947, the American designer George Nelson was commissioned by Howard Miller to create a collection of clocks. Over the 35 year collaboration, the designers at George Nelson Associates created more than 100 modern time pieces. Although the models shared an absence of numbers, the diversity of their shapes, colors, materials and designs vary greatly. Nelson's archival estate was bequeathed to the Vitra Design Museum in 1986. Vitra began reissuing Nelson Clocks in 1999. There are currently over 20 models (including variants) in production; new pieces are added periodically. Read more about the history of George Nelson Clocks »
Always invest in the well-crafted original; it is a lifelong companion that holds both past & future value.
- GEORGE NELSON SUNFLOWER CLOCK
- Handmade in Poland
- Original George Nelson Clock produced by Vitra
- Dimensions: 29.5 diameter, 3d in. (74.9 x 7.6d cm)
- Weight: 20 lbs
- High quality quartz clock movement
- 1.5v battery powered (included)
- Materials: birch plywood, black lacquered metal; black ash plywood, brass;
Please call 704-981-0636 or submit the form below to inquire about Sunflower Clock.