About This Work
The QLOCKTWO TOUCH measures 5.3" x 5.3" and is an artful interpretation of the nightstand / desktop alarm clock. It consists of a clock matrix body and interchangeable Front Cover, that together, tell time in words. The words display time in 5-minute increments, while 4 perimeter dots light up to signify the 1-4 minutes in-between. Features include: gentle to increasingly persuasive alarm, touch functions, night light, and 4 illumination settings. View 'specs' for a complete list of features.
The new TOUCH PURE (June 2020 release) features a UV protected white PEEK body and base (Polyether ether ketone: a high-performance, strong thermoplastic used in many demanding applications). We will continue to offer acrylic glass front covers + silver aluminum body while existing inventory allows.
TOUCH SPECIAL EDITIONS
TOUCH Special Editions are comprised of unique front covers with different aluminum body finishes & cables. The Creator's Edition Hand-Rusted Raw Steel and Deep Black Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) Coated finishes have a black coated solid aluminum body and base, while the Golden Legend has a 24k gold coated body and base. All three come with a 137" black cloth cable. The Full Metal, Creator's Editions Vintage Copper and Silver & Gold have a silver solid aluminum body and come with the standard 118" metal mesh power cable.
INTERCHANGEABLE FRONT COVERS
You only need to purchase one clock matrix body to use any language or style TOUCH Front Cover*. Front Covers may be purchased separately once you own a clock matrix. They are held in place by magnets and are easily interchanged. Front Covers are available in over 20 different languages in either QOLOR polished acrylic glass, or Special Edition stainless steel finishes with laser cut letters in a variety of finishes.
The TOUCH'S Front Cover and/or base can be custom engraved for corporate gifts. The genius of etching the base with a logo is that the recipient can choose to display it in front of the clock, or conceal it by hiding it behind the clock. In either case, your customer will be reminded fondly of your business every day. Front Covers can also be custom colored.
All QLOCKTWO products are Handmade in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany. QLOCKTWO is DIN EN ISO 9001 certified and is the recipient of numerous contemporary design awards including: Iconic Awards: Innovative Interior, iF Product Design Award, ADCE Gold Award, and Red Dot Design Award.
*except Arabic (due to technical reasons)
- QLOCKTWO TOUCH
- Handmade in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany
- Includes: QLOCKTWO TOUCH alarm clock matrix body, front cover, magnetic stainless steel base (PEEK on TOUCH PURE), self-adhesive protection strips, 118" clear metallic or 137" black cloth USB cable (see variant details), 5-V USB power supply (plugs into standard wall socket), instruction manual, microfibre cloth, cotton gloves (stainless steel models)
- Body constructed of solid aluminum milled from a single block (TOUCH PURE base is PEEK--polyether ether ketone), with front cover: 5.3 x 5.3 x 0.7 in (13.5 x 13.5 x 1.7 cm)
- Weight: approximately 0.9 lbs (0.4 kg)
- Stainless steel magnetic base: 3.5 x 2.4 x .1 in (9 × 6 x 0.3 cm)
- Ambient temperature: 59° - 86° F (15° - 30° C) *Do not place in bathrooms, outdoors, or high humidity areas.
- Precision: ±90 seconds/year
- LED service life: Approximately 50,000 hours (6 years of continuous operation before decreased luminosity)
- Programmed languages (*require matching front cover): CA Catalan, CH Swiss German, CN Chinese (standardized/traditional), CZ Czech, D3 German (Swabian dialect), D4 German (alternative display), DE German, DK Danish, EN English, ES Spanish, FR French, GR Greek, HE He/liew, IT Italian, JP Japanese, NL Dutch, NO Norwegian, PE Portuguese, RO Romanian, RU Russian, SE Swedish, TR Turkish
- Alarm clock
- Touch snooze
- Night touch
- Night light
- Seconds mode
- Ambient light sensor
- Interchangeable Front Covers
- POWER SUPPLY
- USB power supply unit port: 110 V − 240 V ~/ 50/60 Hz, 100mA
- USB power supply unit output: 5 V 800 mA
- QLOCKTWO TOUCH port: 5 V 380 mA
- Power consumption: 1-2 watts
- Included 118" USB cable (clear plastic coating over metal mesh) or 137" USB cable (black cloth) and USB/wall power adapter
- *All QLOCKTWO TOUCH Front Cover variants and languages are interchangeable with any QLOCKTWO TOUCH alarm clock matrix body, except Arabic.
- QOLOR acrylic glass in 7 different colors with either PEEK corpus (new) or silver aluminum body (while supplies last).
- CUSTOM COLOR special color RAL matte powder coated, laser-cut letters. Contact us for details.
- CUSTOM ETCHING custom base plate & Front Cover etching is possible for corporate gifts. Contact us for details.
- FULL METAL brushed stainless steel front cover, silver aluminum body & base; laser-cut letters, 118" metal mesh USB cable
- CREATOR'S EDITION VINTAGE COPPER stainless steel, patinated copper surface & permanently fixed front cover with laser-cut letters, silver aluminum body & base; laser-cut letters, 118" metal mesh USB cable
- CREATOR'S EDITION SILVER & GOLD stainless steel, hand-covered 12k white gold leaf with permanently fixed oxidized silver patina front cover with laser-cut letters, silver aluminum body & base; laser-cut letters, 118" metal mesh USB cable
- DEEP BLACK diamond-like carbon (DLC) coated stainless steel front cover, body & base; laser cut letters, 137" black cloth USB cable
- CREATOR'S EDITION RUST hand-rusted raw steel, laser-cut letters, black coated aluminum body & base, 137" black cloth USB cable
- GOLDEN LEGEND 24k gold-plated brushed stainless steel; 24k gold-plated aluminum body and base, 137" black cloth USB cable
Quick Help & Manual
Coming soon. Please contact us.
Can CLASSIC and LARGE models be wall mounted with a hidden cable?
Yes, most of our customers directly wire both works (with an electrician), but each also can be plugged directly into an outlet. The CLASSIC's textile power cable is designed for display and comes in 7 different colors. QLOCKTWO ships with all necessary electrical components for either type of installation.
Can you send samples?
Yes, this is part of our business. If you are not 100% certain which variant you want, please contact us for samples so you can see the finishes in person—in your home or office.
How is QLOCKTWO pronounced?
I am not sure a CLASSIC will be large enough and am considering a LARGE.
Please contact us before purchasing; we have sample printed to scale that our customers find helpful.
Are any of the QLOCKTWO models battery operated?
No. Each model has a 24 hour battery reserve should you lose power temporarily. If you have any electrical concerns, please contact us.
Are you an authorized retailer?
Yes. We work closely with and order directly from all of our makers.
Is the time difficult to set?
No. There are 3 buttons: hour, 5 minute increments, and 1 minute increments. You can also set the time with an app.
Can you ship to locations outside of North America?
Will I be able to see the time on a white Front Cover?
Yes, looking at light Front Covers online is misleading. We are yet to have a client return a Front Cover because they couldn't read the time. When you look at a light Front Cover online, both the opaque front cover and the lit numbers are formed by LEDs. The reality is very different in person. Hold an opaque piece of white paper next to this white screen. What happens? The white paper appears much darker than the screen, even though both are 'white'. There is plenty of contrast to read the lit words on a QLOCKTWO with a white front cover.
How long do LEDs last?
Though technology is constantly improving, today's LEDs last approximately 50,000 hours (or 6 years of continuous operation before decreased luminosity). If your work is in a second home or you are away for long periods of time, you can always unplug or turn off the work (discuss this request with your electrician before wiring directly). Setting the luminosity to auto-adaptive or a lower luminosity level will also increase the lifespan. When your LEDs reach the end of their life, there is a very reasonable circuit replacement program. It is important to us that when our work is installed in your good home, it stays there.
Why would I order a black corpus (clock body) instead of a white CLASSIC?
You only see less than 1" of the side of the CLASSIC model (and slightly more on a LARGE) when it's wall mounted—and only from an angle. However, the black corpus looks elegant with several variants. We strongly suggesting pairing it with the Metamorphite (it gives the illusion of a thick piece of slate). A black corpus also works well with the Hand-Rusted, Raw Iron, Platinum and Black Pepper finishes. If you are displaying the work on a table, consider that the back of the work might be on display too, so even more or less black might be desirable (Metamorphite, Glintscaps and Precious Metal finishes can not be displayed desktop). Currently, far less black corpuses are produced than white, so the price is a little higher. Custom colors are also available.
My purchase is a gift and it will not arrive in time from Germany. What can we do?
We have solutions depending on the situation; please contact us.
How high should I hang the work? Is it easy to install?
Unless it's a tall work, we recommend hanging art with a vertical center point of around 55" from the floor. Some galleries prefer 58". We are aware people tend to hang art too high in their homes. If everything is hung on the higher side in you home, stick with your home's rules. The CLASSIC is easy for one person with hanging experience to install, while the LARGE requires 2-3 people and experience hanging heavy objects. Always hire an electrician for direct wiring.
- Can CLASSIC and LARGE models be wall mounted with a hidden cable?