About This Work
QLOCKTWO LARGE Measures 35.4” x 35.4” and is 4x the surface area of its CLASSIC sibling. The LARGE is suited well for larger residential or commercial spaces. It consists of a white lacquer wood clock matrix body (also available in black and custom colors) with adjustable brilliant LED technology and Front Cover, that together, light up words to tell time. The text displays time in 5-minute increments, while 4 perimeter dots light up to signify the 1-4 minutes in-between. Front Covers are available in over 20 different languages in stainless steel with laser cut letters in a variety of finishes from custom PMS/RAL powder coated to 24k gold leaf covered, gold & silver, raw iron, hand-rusted steel and vintage copper or metamorphite. Like any work of art, QLOCKTWO slows down time and is a pleasure to observe and contemplate.
Unlike the CLASSIC and TOUCH models, LARGE Front Covers are bolted in place. Although most LARGE Front Covers can be replaced, it's not a simple task and requires a skilled professional.
CREATOR'S EDITION SERIES
Each Front Cover in the Creator's Edition is hand-finished, individually signed & numbered, and thus unique. The Creator's Edition series consists of Rust (hand-rusted steel), Raw Iron (untreated steel), Metamorphite (slate), Glintscape (slate), Vintage Copper (patinated coated copper), 24k Yellow Gold Leaf Covered, Platinum, and 12k White Gold Leaf & Oxidized Silver variants. Please contact us for help choosing.
All QLOCKTWO products are Handmade in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany. QLOCKTWO is DIN EN ISO 9001 certified and is the recipient of numerous contemporary design awards including: Iconic Awards: Innovative Interior, iF Product Design Award, ADCE Gold Award, and Red Dot Design Award.
- QLOCKTWO LARGE
- Handmade in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany
- Includes: QLOCKTWO LARGE including front cover, wall bracket, instructions, wall-mounting template, 10 mounting screws (matching wall plugs for various conditions are available at specialist shops), AC power adapter with DC-connector for 18 V socket, power plug and strain relief and power supply, 157" cable, AC power adapter and junction box (for power supply via a direct power outlet from the wall), strain relief tape for external power supply unit, infrared remote control (factory optional; included with Clock Forward orders), microfibre cleaning cloth, cotton gloves
- Body constructed of wood, white lacquer, with front cover: 35.4 x 35.4 x 1.4 in (90 x 90 x 3.5 cm)
- Weight: approximately 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Ambient temperature: 59° - 86° F (15° - 30° C) *Do not place in bathrooms, outdoors, or high humidity areas.
- Precision: ±8 seconds/month
- Languages (require matching front cover): CA Catalan, CH Swiss German, CN Chinese (standardized/traditional), CZ Czech, D2 German (alternative display), D3 German (Swabian dialect), D4 German (alternative display), DE German, DK Danish, E2 English (alternative display), EN English, ES Spanish, FR French, GR Greek, HE He/liew, IT Italian, JP Japanese, NL Dutch, NO Norwegian, PE Portuguese, RO Romanian, RU Russian, SE Swedish, TR Turkish
- Plug socket or direct power (see manual)
- Power Supply Input: 18 V - 1.2 A
- Plug: Input: 100 V − 240 V ~ 50 /60 Hz 2 A, Output: DC 18 V - 2.33 A
- FRONT COVER VARIANTS
- *Unlike CLASSIC & Touch models, LARGE Front Covers are bolted in place. It is possible to interchange them, but it is not a quick process and requires a skilled professional. *Metamorphite & Glintscape can not be removed; Gold, Silver Gold & Platinum can be damaged, and should only be removed by the factory. Arabic requires its own unique clock model body.
- STAINLESS STEEL stainless steel, brushed, laser-cut letters
- BLACK PEPPER (RAL9005), WHITE PEPPER (RAL9016), RED PEPPER (RAL3020), GREY PEPPER (RAL7037) stainless steel, powder-coated, matt, laser-cut letters
- CUSTOM COLOR stainless steel, powder-coated, matt, individual special color RAL, laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION RUST raw steel, hand-rusted, laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION METAMORPHITE slate surface with laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION GLINTSCAPE slate surface with laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION GOLD stainless steel, covered with gold leaf, laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION PLATINUM stainless steel, covered with platinum leaf, laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION RAW IRON raw steel, laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION VINTAGE COPPER stainless steel, patinated copper surface, laser-cut letters
Quick Help & Manual
- Download manufacturer manuals
Setting the time
Setting time can be accomplished three ways on the LARGE: with the 3 buttons located on lower, center back; with the FLASHSETTER App; or with the optional infrared remote control. Time is measured on a 12-hour cycle.
Back button detail. If you are facing the FRONT and feeling around for these on the BACK, the order is the same as shown.
- Press  button to advance time in 1 Hour increments
- Press  button to advance time in 5 Minute increments
- Press  button to add 1 Minute increments*
*Adds on 1, 2, 3 or 4 minutes as corner dots. Each time you touch the  button, the internal counter for seconds goes to zero. This makes is possible to set the time precisely to the second.
Option 2: smartphone FLASHSETTER app
- Install FLASHSETTER App: Android (Google Play) | iOS (iTunes)
- Open the app and press the green "FLASH" button.
- The light sensor is on the front QLOCKTWO logo of the LARGE. The strobing light is what changes the time. Position the side of your phone that is flashing facing the light sensor (on Android this is the screen of your phone, on iPhone, the back of your phone).
- The entire clock matrix will light up once the new time is set.
Using FLASHSETTER iPhone app on LARGE
Using FLASHSETTER Android app on LARGE
Adjusting display brightness
The display brightness level can be set manually. The factory default is ‘automatic’.
Press  button to set the level of brightnes. See 'Setting the time' for button placement. The setting options will cycle as follows:
- Maximum brightness
- Strong brightness
- Medium brightness
- Low brightness
- Automatic adjusted brightness
(minute dots in the corners light up briefly to signify this setting)
We recommend living with the clock a little to find the right setting for you. QLOCKTWO (like most works of art), should not be displayed in direct sunlight. In the case of a power outtage, the brightness setting will reset to automatic.
Settings can all be made with the optional infrared remote control. If you purchased a LARGE through Clock Forward, please contact us and we will send you one complementary.
Using the optional infrared remote on the LARGE
- Hold the remote control underneath the QLOCKTWO LARGE. The infrared receiver is behind the logo on the front.
- Make settings with the remote control. The function of the buttons corresponds to the keys on the back of the casing.
- The remote control is operated with a lithium button cell (CR2032). If the transmitting power is low, replace the remote control battery.
Changing ‘IT IS’ display options
You may choose to either show the introductory words "IT IS" for full hours and half hours only (the factory default) OR show “IT IS” at all times.
- Press & hold  button for approximately 3 seconds to switch the setting.
Large seconds only display mode
The seconds can be set to appear as large numbers on the Front Cover display (only the seconds will appear).
- Press  button for approximately 1 second to enter this mode. To return to the normal time display, press any button.
Changing the language setting
Each language requires a separate Front Cover, however the same clock matrix body can be used for every language (except Arabic). To set your language:
- Press & simultaneously hold  + [ 60 ] for 3 seconds to access language menu.
- The language currently set is shown in capital letters.
- Press  repeatedly until the appropriate language version appears.
- Press  to save the new language and exit language menu.
Large Front Covers are interchangeable
Unlike CLASSIC & TOUCH models, LARGE Front Covers are bolted in place. It is possible to interchange them, but it requires a skilled professional.
*Metamorphite, Gold & Silver Gold are specially installed in the factory and cannot be interchanged. Arabic is the only Front Cover variant that requires its own unique clock model body.
Wall mount requirements
Use mounting template and consult instructions. Though most customers directly wire their LARGE to conceal the cord, it also comes with approximately 157” of cable.
If you lost your mounting template copy, be sure to print it to scale. You may need to find someone with an oversize printer such as Kinkos, Staples, or a UPS Store.
If you moved and left your mounting hardware behind, you can contact us to order a replacement bracket.
Where not to display
- Do not use the clock in rooms where humidity is high (e.g. bathrooms). This can damage the clock circuitry
- Do not place the clock directly adjacent to electronic devices that could be sensitive to the clock’s magnets (such as a hard drive).
- Do not place the clock where it could incur unintentional knocks or pulling of the cables.
- Avoid direct heat radiation, for example heat from radiators
- Avoid direct sunlight
Cleaning Front Cover
Follow cleaing instructions below depending on your variant.
CAUTION: Polishing cloths and solvents (e.g. turpentine or benzene), and detergents containing alcohol (e.g. spirit) may damage the surfaces. Use cotton gloves (included with delivery) whenever touching the Front Covers.
- Brushed Stainless Steel Front Cover (STAINLESS STEEL)
Remove slight stains with the microfiber cloth (included with delivery). Remove stubborn stains with a suitable stainless steel cleaner. We use Weiman's Stainless Steel wipes: wipe it on, use a microfiber cloth to take off the excess and buff it.
- Coated Stainless Steel Front Covers
(BLACK-, WHITE-, RED-, GREY PEPPER, HAZELNUT)
Remove dirt with a soft lint-free microfibre cloth; add a small amount of clean water for removing most stains (and a tiny amount of dishwashing detergent for difficult stains).
(GOLD, SILVER & GOLD, PLATINUM, RUST, RAW IRON, VINTAGE COPPER, COPPER)
Carefully dust the surfaces with a soft, dry, lint-free microfibre cloth or with a soft, fine hair brush without applying any pressure.
- Brushed Stainless Steel Front Cover (STAINLESS STEEL)
Samples & return policy
All QLOCKTWO Stainless Steel (Front Cover only) variants are eligible for a full refund when returned in their original, shipped condition. QLOCKTWO Clock Matrix + Front Cover packages (TOUCH & CLASSIC) are eligible for a full refund when returned in new, unopened box condition. We will take back an opened QLOCKTWO box within 30 days if your purchase arrives with all the original parts in new condition; the customer must pay return shipping + a 10% restocking fee. QLOCKTWO LARGE models are NOT eligible for return. Read our full return policy »
Most of our pre-sale questions involve which Front Cover finish to purchase. We can help you decide. Like any work of art, experiencing it in person is different from looking at in on your smartphone or monitor. Depending on your choices, we can either send a front cover or sample to help you decide. We know sometimes you have to see art in the actual space to decide (lighting, wall color, surrounding decor, etc. can all influence your selection). If you are considering a LARGE over a CLASSIC, we'd be happy to photoshop it in a space to help you decide. Please contact us with any pre-sale questions before purchasing.
Warranty & repairs
The manufacturer’s warranty is valid for two years from purchase. Only use your QLOCKTWO LARGE with original accessories. Failure to observe the information in the instructions for use outlined in the manual or modifying, opening or altering your QLOCKTWO LARGE is not covered by our warranty.
Never attempt to repair or dismantle your QLOCKTWO LARGE yourself. Contact us to find a specialized repair technician.
Can CLASSIC and LARGE models be wall mounted with a hidden cable?
Yes, most of our customers directly wire both works (with an electrician), but each also can be plugged directly into an outlet. The CLASSIC's textile power cable is designed for display and comes in 7 different colors. QLOCKTWO ships with all necessary electrical components for either type of installation.
Can you send samples?
Yes, this is part of our business. If you are not 100% certain which variant you want, please contact us for samples so you can see the finishes in person—in your home or office.
How is QLOCKTWO pronounced?
I am not sure a CLASSIC will be large enough and am considering a LARGE.
Please contact us before purchasing; we have sample printed to scale that our customers find helpful.
Are any of the QLOCKTWO models battery operated?
No. Each model has a 24 hour battery reserve should you lose power temporarily. If you have any electrical concerns, please contact us.
Are you an authorized retailer?
Yes. We work closely with and order directly from all of our makers.
Is the time difficult to set?
No. There are 3 buttons: hour, 5 minute increments, and 1 minute increments. You can also set the time with an app.
Can you ship to locations outside of North America?
Will I be able to see the time on a white Front Cover?
Yes, looking at light Front Covers online is misleading. We are yet to have a client return a Front Cover because they couldn't read the time. When you look at a light Front Cover online, both the opaque front cover and the lit numbers are formed by LEDs. The reality is very different in person. Hold an opaque piece of white paper next to this white screen. What happens? The white paper appears much darker than the screen, even though both are 'white'. There is plenty of contrast to read the lit words on a QLOCKTWO with a white front cover.
How long do LEDs last?
Though technology is constantly improving, today's LEDs last approximately 50,000 hours (or 6 years of continuous operation before decreased luminosity). If your work is in a second home or you are away for long periods of time, you can always unplug or turn off the work (discuss this request with your electrician before wiring directly). Setting the luminosity to auto-adaptive or a lower luminosity level will also increase the lifespan. When your LEDs reach the end of their life, there is a very reasonable circuit replacement program. It is important to us that when our work is installed in your good home, it stays there.
Why would I order a black corpus (clock body) instead of a white CLASSIC?
You only see less than 1" of the side of the CLASSIC model (and slightly more on a LARGE) when it's wall mounted—and only from an angle. However, the black corpus looks elegant with several variants. We strongly suggesting pairing it with the Metamorphite (it gives the illusion of a thick piece of slate). A black corpus also works well with the Hand-Rusted, Raw Iron, Platinum and Black Pepper finishes. If you are displaying the work on a table, consider that the back of the work might be on display too, so even more or less black might be desirable (Metamorphite, Glintscaps and Precious Metal finishes can not be displayed desktop). Currently, far less black corpuses are produced than white, so the price is a little higher. Custom colors are also available.
My purchase is a gift and it will not arrive in time from Germany. What can we do?
We have solutions depending on the situation; please contact us.
How high should I hang the work? Is it easy to install?
Unless it's a tall work, we recommend hanging art with a vertical center point of around 55" from the floor. Some galleries prefer 58". We are aware people tend to hang art too high in their homes. If everything is hung on the higher side in you home, stick with your home's rules. The CLASSIC is easy for one person with hanging experience to install, while the LARGE requires 2-3 people and experience hanging heavy objects. Always hire an electrician for direct wiring.
- Can CLASSIC and LARGE models be wall mounted with a hidden cable?