About This Work
Interchangeable 17.7” x 17.7” QLOCKTWO CLASSIC Front Cover. This Front Cover is compatible with any QLOCKTWO CLASSIC clock matrix body*. CLASSIC Front Covers are available in over 20 different languages in either QOLOR polished acrylic glass or stainless steel with laser cut letters in a variety of finishes.
Front Covers are held in place with magnets, and are easily interchanged. The CLASSIC matrix body is compatible with any Front Cover in any language*—just purchase one clock and achieve a different look or language at a fraction of the cost.
All QLOCKTWO products are Handmade in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany. QLOCKTWO is DIN EN ISO 9001 certified and is the recipient of numerous contemporary design awards including: Iconic Awards: Innovative Interior, iF Product Design Award, ADCE Gold Award, and Red Dot Design Award.
*except Arabic (due to technical reasons)
**Gold, Silver/Gold and Platinum finishes should be wall-mounted only
- QLOCKTWO CLASSIC CREATOR'S EDITION FRONT COVER
- Handmade in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany
- Includes QLOCKTWO CLASSIC Creator's Edition Front Cover only
- Compatible with all CLASSIC clock matrix bodies (except Arabic)
- 17.71 x 17.71 in (45 x 45 cm)
- Laser cut stainless steel
- All CREATOR’S EDITIONS are signed and individually numbered using laser engraving. Each front cover is one of a kind.
- Front Covers are compatible with free-standing base (except Gold, Silver & Platinum varients) or wall mounting
- Languages variants (these are programmed into all CLASSIC models): CA Catalan, CH Swiss German, CN Chinese (standardized/traditional), CZ Czech, D3 German (Swabian dialect), DE German, DK Danish, EN English, ES Spanish, FR French, GR Greek, HE He/liew, IT Italian, JP Japanese, NL Dutch, NO Norwegian, PE Portuguese, RO Romanian, RU Russian, SE Swedish, TR Turkish
- CREATOR'S EDITION FRONT COVER VARIANTS
- CREATOR'S EDITION RUST raw steel, hand-rusted & permanently fixed, laser-cut letters are carefully finished
- CREATOR'S EDITION GOLD stainless steel, hand-covered with gold leaf, laser-cut letters (wall mount only)
- CREATOR'S EDITION SILVER & GOLD stainless steel, hand-covered white gold leaf with oxidized silver patina, laser-cut letters (wall mount only)
- CREATOR'S EDITION RAW IRON raw steel color varies from deep black to blue and anthracite (near-black, dark gray color), laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION VINTAGE COPPER stainless steel, patinated copper surface & permanently fixed, laser-cut letters
Quick Help & Manual
- Download manufacturer manuals
Changing the language setting
Each language requires a separate Front Cover, however the same clock matrix body can be used for every language (except Arabic). To set your language:
- Press & simultaneously hold  + [ 60 ] for 3 seconds to access language menu.
- The language currently set is shown in capital letters.
- Press  repeatedly until the appropriate language version appears.
- Press  to save the new language and exit language menu.
All CLASSIC Front Covers are interchangeable
You only need to purchase one clock to enjoy multiple looks and languages with different Front Covers! The CLASSIC clock body is compatible with all CLASSIC Front Cover variants and languages.*
*Arabic is the only Front Cover variant that requires its own unique clock model body.
Removing & replacing the Front Cover
The Front Cover is held in place with magnets.
- Have a clean, level surface ready to place the Front Cover on before removing it.
- For all Stainless Steel Front Covers: use cotton gloves when handling (included with delivery).
- Carefully pull off the Front Cover to remove it. Always set it down with the front facing up to avoid scratches.
- For all Acrylic Glass Front Covers: remove the Front Cover from the clock body before removing the protective film. Place the Front Cover on a clean, even surface. Remove the protective film slowly, beginning at a corner.
- Replace the Front Cover accurately onto the front of the clock body.
If you have multiple Front Covers that are not in use, we recommend wrapping them in a scratch resistant material such as tyvek, or storing them in the plastic sleeve they arrive in and carefully sandwiching between foam core or cardboard cut at least 1-2” larger than the Front Cover’s edges to prevent accidental damage.
How to display free-standing
Your clock can be displayed on a table top or shelf. Simply lower the clock vertically into the acrylic base (DO NOT slide the base on across the bottom of the Front Cover, ie. left to right).
- For Acrylic Glass Front Covers, use the side labelled ‘acrylic’. The soft padding within the acrylic base slot should be touching the Front Cover.
- For Stainless Steel Front Covers, use the side labeled ‘steel’. The soft padding within the acrylic base slot should be touching the Front Cover. Platinum, Gold, and Silver models are for wall-mounting ONLY (the acrylic base may damage these covers). If your stainless steel Front Cover came with 2 acrylic feet and instructions, ignore those, and use the solid acrylic base instead.
How to display wall-mounted
Use mounting template and consult instructions. The CLASSIC comes with an 84” cord. If you need a longer cord, 137” lengths are available.
If you lost your mounting template copy, be sure to print it to scale. You may need to find someone with an oversize printer such as Kinkos, Staples, or a UPS Store.
Where not to display
- Do not use the clock in rooms where humidity is high (e.g. bathrooms). This can damage the clock circuitry
- Do not place the clock directly adjacent to electronic devices that could be sensitive to the clock’s magnets (such as a hard drive).
- Do not place the clock where it could incur unintentional knocks or pulling of the cables.
- Avoid direct heat radiation, for example heat from radiators
- Avoid direct sunlight
Cleaning Front Covers
The Front Cover is held in place with magnets and should be taken off for cleaning. Have a clean, level surface ready to place it on. Carefully pull off the Front Cover to remove it. Always set it down with the front facing up to avoid scratches. Follow cleaing instructions below depending on your variant. After cleaning, replace the Front Cover accurately onto the front of the case.
CAUTION: Polishing cloths and solvents (e.g. turpentine or benzene), and detergents containing alcohol (e.g. spirit) may damage the surfaces. Use cotton gloves (included with delivery) whenever handling stainless steel Front Covers.
- Acrylic Glass Front Cover (QOLOR)
Remove slight stains with the microfiber cloth (included with delivery). Remove stubborn stains with a suitable acrylic glass detergent or with a soft cloth and water containing a little dishwasher detergent.
- Brushed Stainless Steel Front Cover (STAINLESS STEEL)
Remove slight stains with the microfiber cloth (included with delivery). Remove stubborn stains with a suitable stainless steel cleaner. We use Weiman's Stainless Steel wipes: wipe it on, use a microfiber cloth to take off the excess and buff it.
- Coated Stainless Steel Front Covers
(BLACK-, WHITE-, RED-, GREY PEPPER, HAZELNUT)
Remove dirt with a soft cloth and water containing a little dishwasher detergent.
(GOLD, SILVER & GOLD, PLATINUM, RUST, RAW IRON, VINTAGE COPPER, COPPER)
Carefully dust the surfaces with a soft, dry, dust-free cotton cloth or with a soft, fine brush without applying any pressure.
- Acrylic Glass Front Cover (QOLOR)
If you are uncertain about purchasing a QLOCKTWO, please contact us BEFORE purchasing. Otherwise, our full return policy applies
Most QLOCKTWO pre-sale questions involve which Front Cover finish to purchase or whether the 35" Large or 17" Classic is best for your space. We can help you decide. Like any work of art, experiencing it in person is different from looking at in on your smartphone or monitor. Depending on your choices, we can either send a sample and/or scaled print to help you decide. It's ideal to see art in the actual space to decide (lighting, wall color, surrounding decor, etc. can all influence your selection). Please contact us with any pre-sale questions before purchasing.
Can CLASSIC and LARGE models be wall mounted with a hidden cable?
Yes, most of our customers directly wire both works (with an electrician), but each also can be plugged directly into an outlet. The CLASSIC's textile power cable is designed for display and comes in 7 different colors. QLOCKTWO ships with all necessary electrical components for either type of installation.
Can you send samples?
Yes, this is part of our business. If you are not 100% certain which variant you want, please contact us for samples so you can see the finishes in person—in your home or office.
How is QLOCKTWO pronounced?
I am not sure a CLASSIC will be large enough and am considering a LARGE.
Please contact us before purchasing; we have sample printed to scale that our customers find helpful.
Are any of the QLOCKTWO models battery operated?
No. Each model has a 24 hour battery reserve should you lose power temporarily. If you have any electrical concerns, please contact us.
Are you an authorized retailer?
Yes. We work closely with and order directly from all of our makers.
Is the time difficult to set?
No. There are 3 buttons: hour, 5 minute increments, and 1 minute increments. You can also set the time with an app.
Can you ship to locations outside of North America?
Will I be able to see the time on a white Front Cover?
Yes, looking at light Front Covers online is misleading. We are yet to have a client return a Front Cover because they couldn't read the time. When you look at a light Front Cover online, both the opaque front cover and the lit numbers are formed by LEDs. The reality is very different in person. Hold an opaque piece of white paper next to this white screen. What happens? The white paper appears much darker than the screen, even though both are 'white'. There is plenty of contrast to read the lit words on a QLOCKTWO with a white front cover.
How long do LEDs last?
Though technology is constantly improving, today's LEDs last approximately 50,000 hours (or 6 years of continuous operation before decreased luminosity). If your work is in a second home or you are away for long periods of time, you can always unplug or turn off the work (discuss this request with your electrician before wiring directly). Setting the luminosity to auto-adaptive or a lower luminosity level will also increase the lifespan. When your LEDs reach the end of their life, there is a very reasonable circuit replacement program. It is important to us that when our work is installed in your good home, it stays there.
Why would I order a black corpus (clock body) instead of a white CLASSIC?
You only see less than 1" of the side of the CLASSIC model (and slightly more on a LARGE) when it's wall mounted—and only from an angle. However, the black corpus looks elegant with several variants. We strongly suggesting pairing it with the Metamorphite (it gives the illusion of a thick piece of slate). A black corpus also works well with the Hand-Rusted, Raw Iron, Platinum and Black Pepper finishes. If you are displaying the work on a table, consider that the back of the work might be on display too, so even more or less black might be desirable (Metamorphite, Glintscaps and Precious Metal finishes can not be displayed desktop). Currently, far less black corpuses are produced than white, so the price is a little higher. Custom colors are also available.
My purchase is a gift and it will not arrive in time from Germany. What can we do?
We have solutions depending on the situation; please contact us.
How high should I hang the work? Is it easy to install?
Unless it's a tall work, we recommend hanging art with a vertical center point of around 55" from the floor. Some galleries prefer 58". We are aware people tend to hang art too high in their homes. If everything is hung on the higher side in you home, stick with your home's rules. The CLASSIC is easy for one person with hanging experience to install, while the LARGE requires 2-3 people and experience hanging heavy objects. Always hire an electrician for direct wiring.
- Can CLASSIC and LARGE models be wall mounted with a hidden cable?
Get an email reminder during spring and fall time changes how to set your QLOCKTWO.
Also receive an email reminder during spring and fall time changes how to set your QLOCKTWO.