About This Work
The QLOCKTWO CLASSIC measures 17.7" x 17.7" and consists of a clock matrix body with adjustable brilliant LED technology and interchangeable Front Cover, that together, tell time with words. The text displays time in 5-minute increments, while 4 perimeter dots light up to signify the 1-4 minutes in-between. Like any work of art, QLOCKTWO slows down time and is a pleasure to observe and contemplate.
CREATOR'S EDITION SERIES
Each Front Cover in the Creator's Edition is hand-finished, individually signed & numbered, and thus unique. The Creator's Edition series consists of Rust (hand-rusted steel), Raw Iron (untreated steel), Metamorphite (slate), Glintscape (slate) Vintage Copper (patinated coated copper), 24k Yellow Gold Leaf Covered, Platinum, and 12k White Gold Leaf & Oxidized Silver variants. Please contact us for help choosing.
INTERCHANGEABLE FRONT COVERS
You only need to purchase one clock matrix body to use any language or style CLASSIC Front Cover*. Front Covers may be purchased separately once you own a clock matrix. They are held in place by magnets and are easily interchanged. Front Covers are available in over 20 different languages in either QOLOR polished acrylic glass, or stainless steel with laser cut letters in a variety of finishes.
WALL OR DESKTOP DISPLAY
QLOCKTWO CLASSIC can be displayed on a table top with the included acrylic base (Metamorphite, Gold, Silver/Gold and Platinum finishes should be wall-mounted only) or as a wall clock. When wall-mounted, the CLASSIC's power cord can be displayed as a design element (different colors are available) or hidden by wiring directly into a main power line.
All QLOCKTWO products are Handmade in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany. QLOCKTWO is DIN EN ISO 9001 certified and is the recipient of numerous contemporary design awards including: Iconic Awards: Innovative Interior, iF Product Design Award, ADCE Gold Award, and Red Dot Design Award.
*except Arabic (due to technical reasons)
- QLOCKTWO CLASSIC
- Handmade in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany
- Includes: QLOCKTWO CLASSIC matrix clock body, Front Cover, 84" white textile power cord, acrylic stand, wall mount & hardware, AC power adapter with DC-connector for 18 V socket, power plug, AC power adapter and junction box (for power supply via a direct power outlet from the wall), instruction manual, microfiber cloth, cotton gloves (stainless steel models)
- Body constructed of wood, screened white lacquer, with front cover: 17.71 x 17.71 in (45 x 45 cm)
- Weight: approximately 10.5 lbs (4.8 kg)
- Wall bracket: 9.45 x 9.45 in (24 × 24 cm)
- Acrylic glass base for free-standing version: 5.5 x 5.5 in (14 × 14 cm) *Not compatible with Creator's Edition Metamorphite, Gold, Silver/Gold & Platinum Front Covers
- Ambient temperature: 59° - 86° F (15° - 30° C) *Do not place in bathrooms, outdoors, or high humidity areas.
- Precision: ±8 seconds/month
- LED service life: Approximately 50,000 hours (6 years of continuous operation before decreased luminosity)
- Programmed languages (*require matching front cover): CA Catalan, CH Swiss German, CN Chinese (standardized/traditional), CZ Czech, D3 German (Swabian dialect), D4 German (alternative display), DE German, DK Danish, EN English, ES Spanish, FR French, GR Greek, HE He/liew, IT Italian, JP Japanese, NL Dutch, NO Norwegian, PE Portuguese, RO Romanian, RU Russian, SE Swedish, TR Turkish
- POWER SUPPLY
- Plug socket or direct power option (see installation manual)
- Input: 5 V 550 mA
- Operating current: 2-3 Watt
- USB power supply: Input: 110 V − 240 V ~ 50 /60 Hz, Output: 5 V 1.0 A
- Included textile power cable (white): 84 in long x .2 in diam. (2 m x 5 mm diam)
- FRONT COVER VARIANTS
- *All Classic Front Cover variants and languages are interchangeable with any Classic clock matrix body, except Arabic.
- QOLOR acrylic glass in 7 different colors
- STAINLESS STEEL stainless steel, brushed, laser-cut letters
- BLACK PEPPER (RAL9005), WHITE PEPPER (RAL9016), RED PEPPER (RAL3020), GREY PEPPER (RAL7037) stainless steel, powder-coated, matt, laser-cut letters
- CUSTOM COLOR stainless steel, powder-coated, matt, individual special color RAL, laser-cut letters
- All CREATOR’S EDITIONS are signed and individually numbered using laser engraving. Each front cover is one of a kind.
- CREATOR'S EDITION METAMORPHITE slate surface
- CREATOR'S EDITION GLINTSCAPE slate surface
- CREATOR'S EDITION RUST raw steel, hand-rusted & permanently fixed, laser-cut letters are carefully finished
- CREATOR'S EDITION GOLD stainless steel, hand-covered with 24k gold leaf, laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION SILVER & GOLD stainless steel, hand-covered 12k white gold leaf with permanently fixed oxidized silver patina, laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION PLATINUM stainless steel, hand-covered with platinum leaf, laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION RAW IRON raw steel color varies from deep black to blue and anthracite (near-black, dark gray color), laser-cut letters
- CREATOR'S EDITION VINTAGE COPPER stainless steel, patinated copper surface & permanently fixed, laser-cut letters
Quick Help & Manual
- Download manufacturer manuals
Setting the time
Setting the time is simple with the smartphone FLASHSETTER app or the 3 buttons located on the back of the QLOCKTWO CLASSIC. Time is measured on a 12-hour cycle.
Option 1: clock buttons
Back of clock. If you are facing the FRONT and feeling around the BACK, the order is opposite the above.
- Press  button to advance time in 1 Hour increments
- Press  button to advance time in 5 Minute increments
- Press  button to add 1 Minute increments*
*Adds on 1, 2, 3 or 4 minutes as corner dots. Each time you touch the  button, the internal counter for seconds goes to zero. This makes is possible to set the time precisely to the second.
Option 2: smartphone FLASHSETTER app
- Install FLASHSETTER App: Android (Google Play) | iOS (iTunes)
- Open the app and press the green "FLASH" button.
- The light sensor is on the top back of the CLASSIC. The strobing light is what changes the time. Position the side of your phone that is flashing facing the light sensor (on Android this is the screen of your phone, on iPhone, the back of your phone).
- The entire clock matrix will light up once the new time is set.
Using FLASHSETTER app on wall-mounted CLASSIC
Using FLASHSETTER app on desktop displayed CLASSIC
Adjusting display brightness
The display brightness level can be set manually. The factory default is ‘automatic’.
Press  button to set the level of brightness. The setting options will cycle as follows:
- Maximum brightness
- Strong brightness
- Medium brightness
- Low brightness
- Automatic adjusted brightness
(minute dots in the corners light up briefly to signify this setting)
We recommend living with the clock a little to find the right setting for you. QLOCKTWO (like most works of art), should not be displayed in direct sunlight. In the case of a power outtage, the brightness setting will reset to automatic.
Changing ‘IT IS’ display options
You may choose to either show the introductory words "IT IS" for full hours and half hours only (the factory default) OR show “IT IS” at all times.
- Press & hold  button for approximately 3 seconds to switch the setting.
Large seconds only display mode
The seconds can be set to appear as large numbers on the Front Cover display (only the seconds will appear).
- Press  button for approximately 1 second to enter this mode. To return to the normal time display, press any button.
Changing the language setting
Each language requires a separate Front Cover, however the same clock matrix body can be used for every language (except Arabic). To set your language:
- Press & simultaneously hold  + [ 60 ] for 3 seconds to access language menu.
- The language currently set is shown in capital letters.
- Press  repeatedly until the appropriate language version appears.
- Press  to save the new language and exit language menu.
All CLASSIC Front Covers are interchangeable
You only need to purchase one clock to enjoy multiple looks and languages with different Front Covers! The CLASSIC clock body is compatible with all CLASSIC Front Cover variants and languages.*
*Arabic is the only Front Cover variant that requires its own unique clock model body.
Removing & replacing the Front Cover
The Front Cover is held in place with magnets.
- Have a clean, level surface ready to place the Front Cover on before removing it.
- For all Stainless Steel Front Covers: use cotton gloves when handling (included with delivery).
- Carefully pull off the Front Cover to remove it. Always set it down with the front facing up to avoid scratches.
- For all Acrylic Glass Front Covers: remove the Front Cover from the clock body before removing the protective film. Place the Front Cover on a clean, even surface. Remove the protective film slowly, beginning at a corner.
- Replace the Front Cover accurately onto the front of the clock body.
If you have multiple Front Covers that are not in use, we recommend wrapping them in a scratch resistant material such as tyvek, or storing them in the plastic sleeve they arrive in and carefully sandwiching between foam core or cardboard cut at least 1-2” larger than the Front Cover’s edges to prevent accidental damage.
How to display free-standing
Your clock can be displayed on a table top or shelf. Simply lower the clock vertically into the acrylic base (DO NOT slide the base on across the bottom of the Front Cover, ie. left to right).
- For Acrylic Glass Front Covers, use the side labelled ‘acrylic’. The soft padding within the acrylic base slot should be touching the Front Cover.
- For Stainless Steel Front Covers, use the side labeled ‘steel’. The soft padding within the acrylic base slot should be touching the Front Cover. Creator's Editions Metamorphite, Platinum, Gold, and Silver models are for wall-mounting ONLY (the acrylic base may damage these covers). If your stainless steel Front Cover came with 2 acrylic feet and instructions, ignore those, and use the solid acrylic base instead.
How to display wall-mounted
Use mounting template and consult instructions. The CLASSIC comes with an 84” cord. If you need a longer cord, 137” lengths are available.
If you lost your mounting template copy, be sure to print it to scale. You may need to find someone with an oversize printer such as Kinkos, Staples, or a UPS Store.
Where not to display
- Do not use the clock in rooms where humidity is high (e.g. bathrooms). This can damage the clock circuitry
- Do not place the clock directly adjacent to electronic devices that could be sensitive to the clock’s magnets (such as a hard drive).
- Do not place the clock where it could incur unintentional knocks or pulling of the cables.
- Avoid direct heat radiation, for example heat from radiators
- Avoid direct sunlight
Cleaning Front Covers
The Front Cover is held in place with magnets and should be taken off for cleaning. Have a clean, level surface ready to place it on. Carefully pull off the Front Cover to remove it. Always set it down with the front facing up to avoid scratches. Follow cleaing instructions below depending on your variant. After cleaning, replace the Front Cover accurately onto the front of the case.
CAUTION: Polishing cloths and solvents (e.g. turpentine or benzene), and detergents containing alcohol (e.g. spirit) may damage the surfaces. Use cotton gloves (included with delivery) whenever handling stainless steel Front Covers.
- Acrylic Glass Front Cover (QOLOR)
Remove slight stains with the microfiber cloth (included with delivery). Remove stubborn stains with a suitable acrylic glass detergent or with a soft cloth and water containing a little dishwasher detergent.
- Brushed Stainless Steel Front Cover (STAINLESS STEEL)
Remove slight stains with the microfiber cloth (included with delivery). Remove stubborn stains with a suitable stainless steel cleaner. We use Weiman's Stainless Steel wipes: wipe it on, use a microfiber cloth to take off the excess and buff it.
- Coated Stainless Steel Front Covers
(BLACK-, WHITE-, RED-, GREY PEPPER, HAZELNUT)
Remove dirt with a soft lint-free microfibre cloth; add a small amount of clean water for removing most stains (and a tiny amount of dishwashing detergent for difficult stains).
(GOLD, SILVER & GOLD, PLATINUM, RUST, RAW IRON, VINTAGE COPPER, COPPER)
Carefully dust the surfaces with a soft, dry, lint-free microfibre cloth or with a soft, fine hair brush without applying any pressure.
- Acrylic Glass Front Cover (QOLOR)
Samples & return policy
All QLOCKTWO Stainless Steel (Front Cover only) variants are eligible for a full refund when returned in their original, shipped condition. QLOCKTWO Clock Matrix + Front Cover packages (TOUCH & CLASSIC) are eligible for a full refund when returned in new, unopened box condition. We will take back an opened QLOCKTWO box within 30 days if your purchase arrives with all the original parts in new condition; the customer must pay return shipping + a 10% restocking fee. QLOCKTWO LARGE models are NOT eligible for return. Read our full return policy »
Most of our pre-sale questions involve which Front Cover finish to purchase. We can help you decide. Like any work of art, experiencing it in person is different from looking at in on your smartphone or monitor. Depending on your choices, we can either send a front cover or sample to help you decide. We know sometimes you have to see art in the actual space to decide (lighting, wall color, surrounding decor, etc. can all influence your selection). If you are considering a LARGE over a CLASSIC, we'd be happy to photoshop it in a space to help you decide. Please contact us with any pre-sale questions before purchasing.
Warranty & repairs
The manufacturer’s warranty is valid for two years from purchase. Only use your QLOCKTWO CLASSIC with original accessories. Failure to observe the information in the instructions for use outlined in the manual or modifying, opening or altering your QLOCKTWO CLASSIC is not covered by our warranty.
Never attempt to repair or dismantle your QLOCKTWO CLASSIC yourself. Contact us to find a specialized repair technician.
Can CLASSIC and LARGE models be wall mounted with a hidden cable?
Yes, most of our customers directly wire both works (with an electrician), but each also can be plugged directly into an outlet. The CLASSIC's textile power cable is designed for display and comes in 7 different colors. QLOCKTWO ships with all necessary electrical components for either type of installation.
Can you send samples?
Yes, this is part of our business. If you are not 100% certain which variant you want, please contact us for samples so you can see the finishes in person—in your home or office.
How is QLOCKTWO pronounced?
I am not sure a CLASSIC will be large enough and am considering a LARGE.
Please contact us before purchasing; we have sample printed to scale that our customers find helpful.
Are any of the QLOCKTWO models battery operated?
No. Each model has a 24 hour battery reserve should you lose power temporarily. If you have any electrical concerns, please contact us.
Are you an authorized retailer?
Yes. We work closely with and order directly from all of our makers.
Is the time difficult to set?
No. There are 3 buttons: hour, 5 minute increments, and 1 minute increments. You can also set the time with an app.
Can you ship to locations outside of North America?
Will I be able to see the time on a white Front Cover?
Yes, looking at light Front Covers online is misleading. We are yet to have a client return a Front Cover because they couldn't read the time. When you look at a light Front Cover online, both the opaque front cover and the lit numbers are formed by LEDs. The reality is very different in person. Hold an opaque piece of white paper next to this white screen. What happens? The white paper appears much darker than the screen, even though both are 'white'. There is plenty of contrast to read the lit words on a QLOCKTWO with a white front cover.
How long do LEDs last?
Though technology is constantly improving, today's LEDs last approximately 50,000 hours (or 6 years of continuous operation before decreased luminosity). If your work is in a second home or you are away for long periods of time, you can always unplug or turn off the work (discuss this request with your electrician before wiring directly). Setting the luminosity to auto-adaptive or a lower luminosity level will also increase the lifespan. When your LEDs reach the end of their life, there is a very reasonable circuit replacement program. It is important to us that when our work is installed in your good home, it stays there.
Why would I order a black corpus (clock body) instead of a white CLASSIC?
You only see less than 1" of the side of the CLASSIC model (and slightly more on a LARGE) when it's wall mounted—and only from an angle. However, the black corpus looks elegant with several variants. We strongly suggesting pairing it with the Metamorphite (it gives the illusion of a thick piece of slate). A black corpus also works well with the Hand-Rusted, Raw Iron, Platinum and Black Pepper finishes. If you are displaying the work on a table, consider that the back of the work might be on display too, so even more or less black might be desirable (Metamorphite, Glintscaps and Precious Metal finishes can not be displayed desktop). Currently, far less black corpuses are produced than white, so the price is a little higher. Custom colors are also available.
My purchase is a gift and it will not arrive in time from Germany. What can we do?
We have solutions depending on the situation; please contact us.
How high should I hang the work? Is it easy to install?
Unless it's a tall work, we recommend hanging art with a vertical center point of around 55" from the floor. Some galleries prefer 58". We are aware people tend to hang art too high in their homes. If everything is hung on the higher side in you home, stick with your home's rules. The CLASSIC is easy for one person with hanging experience to install, while the LARGE requires 2-3 people and experience hanging heavy objects. Always hire an electrician for direct wiring.
- Can CLASSIC and LARGE models be wall mounted with a hidden cable?