About This Work
Time magically etched and erased on a blank slate. The ETCH Clock inspires us to view time and its absence in a new way. 3D digital numbers seemingly impossibly appear as the thermo-elastic plastic membrane quietly engraves time every 30 seconds. After the time displays, the surface returns to its smooth passive surface. ETCH slows down time and challenges us to seek more meaning and magic in our day's moments. The ETCH Clock's creators want us to break away from our phones and busy schedules to find unexpected inspirations&madash;whether engineered by ETCH, nature, or our surroundings. Many events happen only once and are gone for ever—ETCH celebrates this reality in its dual states.
There have been a finite number of ways to show time over the centuries. ETCH presents a new & inventive method utilizing mechanical coils, a membrane and 3D effect. In the early digital era, we became familiar with 7 segment digits to display time. ETCH Clock blends contemporary technology with a fundamental digital vernacular to reveal and conceal the time every 30 seconds like a breathing organism.
With the ETCH Clock iOS App, the owner can sync the clock's time with the current time. The App also lets you choose 2 ways of displaying time: "Sync & Go" (displays time every 30 seconds) or "Sync & Sensor" (displays time every 30 seconds but only if there is ambient sound or noise). *The latest version of Android is currently not supported; please contact us for a work-around.
WALL OR DESKTOP DISPLAY
ETCH Clock is displayed in an elegant aluminum frame. The clock can be wall mounted (and directly wired to main power with the aid of an electrician) or displayed desktop with two stand options. Please note there is a slight mechanical sound when the time appears and disappears that is audible in a quiet room; it may not be suitable for a bedroom unless it's on the 'Sync & Sensor' setting.
ETCH Clock is a recipient of the prestigous Red Dot Design Award.
- ETCH Clock
- Handmade in Switzerland
- Dimensions: 15.7h x 15.7w x 2.2d in (40 x 40 x 5.5 cm)
- Weight: 13 lbs (6 kg)
- Sound: very slight mechanical sound when the time forms & disappears that is audible in a quiet room.
- POWER SUPPLY
- Plug socket or direct power operation (with electrician assistance)
- Power Supply: 110 - 230 V ~ 45-65 Hz
- Input: 5V, max 3 Amp
- Operating current: less than 10 Watt
- Time engraves three-dimensionally via a colored elastic membrane
- Adjust time via iOS app (please contact us for current Android work-around)
- Sync & Go: display time every 30 seconds
- Sync & Sensor: display time on demand
- Aluminum frame
- Aluminum sticks or plexiglas supports for free-standing
- Wall-mount option
- Grey or red
- Quick Help & Manual
- Pre-Sale Questions